What Is Naproxen 500 mg Used For?
Chemical Name: NAPROXEN (na-PROX-en)
Naprosyn is an NSAID drug. NSAID stands for non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Naprosyn is used to relieve pain from different kinds of issues such as arthritis, menstrual cramps, muscle aches, dental aches, and even headaches. It may also be used to reduce fever and relieve swelling. The drug works by blocking the production of substances that cause inflammation.
You can purchase the medicine Naprosyn online from Canada Pharmacy. At Canada Pharmacy, you can enjoy reasonable rates for a variety of medications being offered. You can also get your purchase delivered right to your doorsteps through a hassle free delivery process to add to your convienience.
A Naproxen 500 mg tablet needs to be taken orally with a full glass of water. The usual dosage of this drug is twice or thrice or daily as prescribed by the doctor according to the patient’s medical condition. It is important you do not lie down for at least 10 minutes of taking this medication. Also, do not alter dosages nor skip any, take the medicine regularly for best results. In case of stomach upset, try taking the medicine with a meal or milk or an antacid.
Naprosyn tablets contain naproxen sodium 500 mg as well as inactive ingredients such as croscarmellose sodium, iron oxides, povidone, and magnesium stearate.
- Overdose or taking the medicine too quickly can lead to severe issues such as stomach bleeding.
- Avoid alcohol consumption and stop smoking as it can increase the risk of stomach bleeding.
- Do not drive or operate machinery when taking naproxen 500 mg as this medicine may cause dizziness.
- Avoid using aspirin when using Naprosyn.
- Not to be used by pregnant females especially in the first and last trimester.
- Breastfeeding females should use this drug only by a doctor’s recommendation.
- May increase sensitivity to the sun.
Multiple side effects are associated with the use of Naprosyn. Keep in mind that these are temporary effects and should go away once the treatment is completed.
- Stomach upset
- Itching or rash on the skin
- A headache
- Ringing in ears